Antepartum UnitMost women will have a healthy, normal pregnancy and will not require admission to the hospital prior to delivery. However, some may experience a pregnancy complication requiring them to be hospitalized for closer monitoring. For these expectant mothers, the Antepartum Unit provides comprehensive medical and nursing care in comfortable and supportive surroundings. Our antepartum health care team includes maternal-fetal medicine specialists, obstetricians and nurses. Other medical or surgical experts are consulted as needed.
Labor and Delivery UnitThe Labor and Delivery Unit offers a comfortable, family-friendly setting technologically equipped to handle any birthing situation. The Labor and Delivery Unit provides:
- Obstetrical services for low and high-risk pregnancies
- Specialized medical and nursing staff with high nurse-to-patient staffing levels
- Advanced technology to support labor and delivery
- 24-hour obstetrical anesthesiology for pain management
- Proximity to a state-of-the-art Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
All birthing suites are single rooms equipped with a multi-position birthing bed as well as state-of-the-art equipment for monitoring and delivering your baby. Your progress will be monitored regularly throughout labor, and your nurses will help you explore which comfort measures work best for you. In-room amenities include a television, telephone, full bathroom with shower and foldout couch for overnight guests.