What to Bring
- Complete list of all the prescription and over-the-counter medications you are currently taking
- Reports your doctor gave you to bring to the hospital
- Medical insurance information, including insurance cards, pre-certification and other documentation required by your insurer
- Personal identification, such as a driver’s license or passport
- List of telephone numbers of immediate family members to call, if necessary
What to Bring for Your Comfort
- Slippers and bathrobe
- Supportive nursing bra
- Nursing gown (open front)
- Change of clothes
- Toiletries – toothbrush, toothpaste, body lotion, shampoo, comb, brush and soap or shower gel
- Wristwatch or portable clock
What to Bring to Take Your Baby Home
- Infant car seat for car ride home
- Receiving blanket
- Burp pads
What the Hospital Will Provide Your Baby with
- Diapers and wipes
- Blankets and hats
What to Leave at Home
- Do not bring any electrical appliances, such as hair dryers and other plug-in items, to the hospital.
- Do not bring any jewelry, expensive clothing or other costly items to the hospital. Please leave all your valuables at home.
Please note: the hospital is not responsible for the loss of or damage to any personal property kept in your room.