At this time, NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center is monitoring the situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19) closely. Our patients’ safety and well-being are very important to us, and we want to support patients and their families by providing some resources and answers to questions.
For our patients on Labor & Delivery, we have made important changes to our visitor policy. At this time, we are allowing one constant, asymptomatic birth support person for laboring patients. Please see NYP's General Visitation Guidelines and Labor and Delivery FAQ for more information.
If you are currently in our care with an upcoming appointment in the next couple of weeks, we will soon be in touch (if we haven’t been already) to:
- Discuss whether we can conduct your appointment via video visit/telehealth or reschedule your appointment for a later date
- Ask how you are feeling before you come in to your appointment
Our goal with both of these steps is to ensure your safety, the safety of our patients that will require our care and attention during this period, particularly pregnant patients, and the safety of our doctors and staff. We also recommend that you sign up for your Connect account as soon as possible if you have not done so already. For help conducting a video visit, see instructions in English and Spanish. Although we are using video visits to connect with our patients, our outpatient offices remain open.
There is a lot of misinformation and understandable concern about COVID-19. For the very latest on what is happening, how you can prepare and to get the latest facts, we encourage everyone to visit the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) dedicated website for COVID-19. You can also call (646) 697-4000 for our hospital’s latest information regarding COVID-19.
For more information, visit:
- COVID-19 Information for Patients (cuimc.columbia.edu)
- COVID-19 and Pregnancy: What You Need to Know and Q&A with Cynthia Gyamfi-Bannerman, MD and Chia-Ling Nhan-Chang, MD
- COVID-19 and Pregnancy: A Q&A with Mary E. D'Alton, MD, Chair of the Department of Ob/Gyn at NYP/CUIMC, and Laura L. Forese, MD. Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer at NewYork-Presbyterian (Vimeo)
- Video visit/telehealth instructions in English and Spanish
- Pregnancy FAQ (cdc.gov)
- Information for Travelers (cdc.gov)