New faculty members join Ob/Gyn department
This fall, the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology at Columbia University Medical Center is welcoming several new faculty members to the department in multiple divisions.
Here are the new faculty members starting at CUMC this fall:
Division of General Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Johanna Halfon, MD, MS: Dr. Halfon attended Yale Medical School and then completed her residency at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center. She has performed extensive teaching and research with the Global Health Institute in Rwanda, Tanzania and Ghana. Dr. Halfon is interested in taking care of patients from adolescence through menopause. Her practice includes routine gynecological care, contraceptive management, treatment of abnormal pap smears, gynecologic surgery, as well as obstetrical care.
- Makoto Tokiwa, MD: Dr. Tokiwa practices all aspects of obstetrics and gynecology, including management of low-risk pregnancy, annual screening, colposcopy, family planning, and benign gynecologic surgery (including minimally invasive surgery). She received her medical degree in Japan from Yamagata University School of Medicine then completed her residency at NYU Medical Center. Dr. Tokiwa is committed to providing the highest quality of patient care to all of her patients in all aspects of women’s health.
Division of Gynecologic Oncology
- Caryn St. Clair, MD: Dr. St. Clair attended medical school at Yale University School of Medicine, and completed her residency at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center. After her Fellowship at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Dr. St. Clair joined Maimonides Medical Center as part of the Gynecologic Oncology team.
Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Leslie Moroz, MD, MS: Dr. Moroz attended medical school at Sidney Kimmel Medical College and completed her residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. She completed her Fellowship training in Maternal-Fetal Medicine and a second Fellowship in the Department of Anesthesiology, both at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center. Dr. Moroz also holds a Master’s in Biostatistics from Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health.
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- Eric Forman, MD, HCLD: Dr. Forman is the Medical and Laboratory Director at the Center for Women’s Reproductive Care and oversees the medical practice as well as the IVF embryology and andrology laboratories. He was the first REI fellow at the Reproductive Medicine Associates of New Jersey/Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School program. He also actively sees patients with infertility and those seeking to preserve their fertility. Dr. Forman has extensive clinical and laboratory research experience. He has published more than 40 articles in peer-reviewed journals on a wide range of topics in assisted reproductive technology (ART). Dr. Forman specializes in providing individualized patient care to solve each unique couple’s challenge. Read more here.
- Kate Hirschmann-Levy (Allen Hospital): Dr. Hirschmann-Levy attended medical school at U.C. San Francisco, and completed her residency at Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital in New York City.