Meera Garcia, MD
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Assistant Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology at CUMC
- Division Chief of Obstetrics & Gynecology, NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital
- Regional Director of Women’s Health Services, NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group
Dr. Garcia is an Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at CUIMC and also serves as Regional Director of Women’s Health Services NYP Hudson Valley Hospital. She practices general obstetrics and gynecology with clinical interests in pelvic floor disorders, minimally invasive surgery, and chronic recurrent vaginitis. She specializes in procedures used to treat pelvic floor disorders including Botox infiltration and nerve blocks, and in vaginal, complex open, hysteroscopic, and laparoscopic surgeries. She also cares for high-risk obstetric patients. During her years in clinical practice, she has been named Castle Connolly Top Doctor and Top Doctor by Modern Luxuries Magazine, and as a Clinical Instructor at Emory University School of Medicine, Dr. Garcia earned the Teacher of the Year Award in 2010.
Dr. Garcia has served many leadership roles throughout her career, and she is an experienced clinician, teacher, and leader in her field. She was on the Board of Directors of Atlanta Women’s Health Group and was managing partner of a private Ob/Gyn practice in Atlanta. And, as an attending physician at Northside Hospital in Atlanta, GA, she served as Chairman of Gynecology and was on the Obstetrics and Gynecology Executive Board prior to joining New York-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital.
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital
Schedule an Appointment
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- MD, Duke University School of Medicine
- Residency: Emory University
- Obstetrics and Gynecology