Pavan K. Ananth, MD
I am passionate about providing the highest quality of care, and empowering women to optimize their health and quality of life.
Pavan Ananth, MD specializes in advanced laparoscopic and robotic surgery and offers minimally invasive surgical techniques for a range of procedures. He performs surgeries for conditions including infertility, pelvic pain, adenomyosis, fibroids, incontinence, prolapse, endometriosis, and more.
Dr. Ananth has served as a physician volunteer abroad and as a NO/AIDS Task Force community liaison. He has also presented at medical conferences and participates in community and international service. He is a member of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, the Society of Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgeons, the Society of Reproductive Surgeons, and the American Medical Association.
Dr. Ananth earned his medical and public health degrees at Tulane University. He completed his residency at New York Medical College, where he was named Chief Resident and was awarded Resident of the Year. He completed his fellowship training in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery at Northside Hospital at the Atlanta Center for Special Pelvic Surgery and Reproductive Medicine in Georgia. He is fluent in English and Spanish.
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Abnormal Pap Smear
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Birth Control
- Contraceptive Care
- Family Planning
- Female Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
- Intrauterine Device (IUD) and Contraceptive Implant Placements and Removals
- Intrauterine Device (IUD) Insertions
- Irregular Periods/Menstrual Cycles
- Menstrual Disorders
- Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Pelvic Pain
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pregnancy Care
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Routine Gynecologic Care
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Urinary Incontinence
- Women's Health
- Assistant Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital
Schedule an Appointment
1199 National Benefit Fund
- 1199 National Benefit Fund
Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
MVP Health Care
- MVP Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- Medical Doctor (MD), New York Presbyterian Hospital
- MD Doctor of Medicine, Tulane Medical School
Honors & Awards
- Resident of the Year (2017-2018)
- VIP Moderator for Minimally Invasive Surgery Week, The Society of Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgeons (2019)
- Junior Fellow Chair for District II Section VII, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (2017)
Endometriosis; Diagnosis and management of gynecologic emergencies: ultrasound and laparoscopy, CRC Press. The impact of nutrition on endometriosis and reproductive health, Atlanta Medicine.
Current classifications addressing adolescent endometriosis related to symptoms; Adolescent endometriosis: a comprehensive guide to diagnosis and management, Springer Publishing.
The minimally invasive hysterectomy; Nezhat's Video-Assisted and Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy, 5th edition (in press), Cambridge University Press. Adnexal masses in the pregnant patient, Atlanta Medicine.
Use of a shaving technique for surgical management of partial ureteral obstruction due to endometriosis, Fertility and Sterility.
Oxygen-sensitive outcomes and gene expression in acute ischemic stroke, Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism.