To schedule an appointment:
Language(s) Spoken: Takalog
51 West 51st St, 3rd FL
(between 5th and 6th Ave)
New York, NY 10019
In February 2014, Dr. Arnold Advincula assumed the role of Vice-Chair of Women’s Health & Chief of Gynecology at Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC). Dr. Advincula is the Levine Family Professor of Women’s Health in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Advincula also serves as Medical Director of the Simulation Center.
Dr. Advincula is a leader in minimally invasive surgical techniques and one of the world’s most experienced gynecologic robotic surgeons who has published and taught extensively in the area of minimally invasive surgery as well as developed surgical instruments in use worldwide. He is a board certified obstetrician-gynecologist and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
After graduating with honors from Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia, Dr. Advincula completed both an OBGYN residency and a minimally invasive surgery fellowship at the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill. Following this, he spent 10 years at the University of Michigan where he rose to the rank of Professor and Director of the Minimally Invasive Surgery Division and Fellowship as well as Endometriosis Center. In late 2009, Dr. Advincula joined Florida Hospital Celebration Health as Director of the Center for Specialized Gynecology. While in Florida, Dr. Advincula served as the Director of the Celebration Health Endometriosis Center and the AAGL/SRS Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Surgery. He was also Medical Director of Gynecologic Robotics at Florida Hospital as well as Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology at the University of Central Florida College of Medicine. Additionally, Dr. Advincula was promoted to Education Institute Director for the Nicholson Center, an advanced medical and surgical simulation training facility.
In addition to Dr. Advincula’s role at CUMC, he is President of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL), a 7,500-member organization promoting minimally invasive surgery worldwide in addition to serving as member-at-large for the Society of Gynecologic Surgeons and a Board of Director for the American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology Exxcellence Foundation.
|Board Certified:||Obstetrics & Gynecology|
|Medical School:||Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA|
|Residency Training:||University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC|
|Fellowship Training:||University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC|
- Top Doctors – Orlando (2009-2013)
- 2013 COEMIG physician designation (Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology, AAGL)
- 2013 1st Place CREOG & APGO Oral Abstraction Presentation
- 2011 America’s Top Obstetricians & Gynecologist
- 2010 Robotic Technology Award, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists 39th Annual Meeting, “Robotic versus Traditional Laparoscopic Hysterectomy: A Comparison of Peri-operative Outcomes for Benign Disease.”
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- 2013 Elected, Board of Directors, The Foundation for Excellence in Women’s Health Care (ABOG)
- 2013 Elected, Member-at-Large, Society of Gynecologic Surgeons
- 2012 Elected, Secretary-Treasurer of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (4 year term, automatic track to presidency)
- 2012 Immediate Past President, Society of Robotic Surgery
- 2011 President, Society of Robotic Surgery
- 2010-Present Honorary Member, British & Irish Association of Robotic Gynecological Surgeons (BIARGS)
- 2010-Present Elected, Fellow of the American Gynecological and Obstetrical Society
- 2010-2012 Elected, Board Member of the International Society for Gynecologic Endoscopy