Video Visit Information and Instructions for Patients
We are happy to provide expanded video visit offerings for new and current patients during the COVID-19 pandemic through Epic Telehealth. In-person visits with a provider are also available when needed.
Before your video visit with a Columbia Ob/Gyn provider, please review the information and instructions below.
Video Visit Checklist
Please confirm that you can answer YES to the following questions. If you do not meet these requirements, please contact our team.
- Do you have a scheduled appointment with a Columbia Ob/Gyn provider?
- Do you have access to an iOS or Android mobile device for your video visit?
- Do you have a strong and stable internet connection at the location where you will be for your video visit?
- Do you have a MyChart account?
- If you do not have a MyChart account, visit myconnectnyc.org, complete the form, and respond to the security questions to confirm your identity.
Video Visit Instructions
Once in the MyChart app, search for "Columbia University Irving Medical Center," and select it as your primary institution.
Step 1: Open the MyChart app, log into your account, click on Appointments *
Step 2: Click on the appropriate Video Visit appointment
Step 3: Once green, click the Begin Visit button at the bottom of your screen
* Do not click on the stethoscope "E-Visit" icon, as this is an entirely different tool and is not used for video visits.